Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Top of the New Year!

Every year since I was 16, I have given myself a New Year's Resolution. Each year since, I have managed to keep that resolution. This year, I feel like my resolution should be something to do with food or writing. Upon consideration, I finally settled on two resolutions for the year: 1) write every day and 2) cook a new recipe every week. Now the reason that these are my resolutions is because I am attempting to write a book, which my friends have encouraged me to continue. Plus, I love food, obviously. If I did not have an appreciation for local, organic food as is, my resolution might have something to do with that.

I would like to encourage all of you to make a resolution involving food this year. Some of my favorites include: a) starting the tradition of meatless Mondays in your family, b) using only seasonal ingredients (unless frozen), c) buying more local foods, d) starting your own garden, e) begin composting. Of course, there are a million and one more resolutions involving food that you could make to help the world. Leave a comment below and share yours!

Jan. 1 dinner
So to start off the New Year, I decided to make something new. The main course for dinner was baked panko and walnut encrusted tilapia. For dessert, Richard made a new biscotti recipe, which turned out amazing: macadamia nut biscotti from Bob Greene's "The Best Life Diet". At some point in the future, I plan to put a review up of this book (once I've finished reading it and made a few more recipes from it).

Biscotti and hot chocolate make a great dessert.
As part of my writing resolution, I plan to write on this blog once per week (at minimum) and continue writing my book (which has nothing to do with food). I hope to have some good news this year for the local food movement in Conway. I'll let you know what happens at the F.R.E.S.H. Foods meeting later this month. Until then, have a great week and be sure to keep food on your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment